I think I know what your looking for , dont know if I like the idea , but it
shouldn't be too difficult. You can "tint" the view from the menu to darken
it so the screen info displays clearer ... what about another step to
blackout the background view completely?
What comes to mind is a line from the tower center outward on the display
that could be rotated , but centering it on a runway might be tougher.
Another plan I had was to remove any "true heading " references , since
airports deal in magnetic headings , and it just confuses issues.
But there are several people tweaking it , so I thought I'd leave it alone.
Im currently working on other things , but I'll see what I can do .
Cheers