Searching for it for approximately one day and finding nothing, I decided to
write my own function for converting strings to numeric values. Below is the
function for it:

            var stringToNum = func (str) {
                var boyut = size(str);
                var pointLoc = boyut;
                var value = 0;
                var i = 0;
                for(var k=0; k<boyut; k+=1)
                    if (str[k]==46) pointLoc = k;
                for (; i<pointLoc; i+=1) {
                    value += (str[i]-48) * math.pow(10,pointLoc-i-1);
                    }
                i+=1;
                value = int(value);
                for (var j = 1; i<boyut; i+=1) {
                    value += (str[i]-48) * math.pow(10,-j);
                    j+=1;
                }
                return value;
            }

It would still be good to know if any built-in method does this too :)

Greetings