On 7 Sep 2009, at 14:36, dave perry wrote:

> I was wrong about the height being correct.  Thought it might be a
> scope
> problem for nav_elev so I tried moving the declaration back to
> navradio.hxx and moving the assignment of a value back into the
> search.
> The search is never called???  I'll also keep looking at this and let
> you know if I find the problem.

I've just committed at least one fix - the problem actually predates
my navradio change, but it also my fault. I broke the elevation data
for ILS/LOC navids when I cleaned up the 'align localiser with runway
centerline' logic. The problem is that runways don't have an elevation
specified (in apt.dat).

I've actually fixed this in two ways:

        - alignLocaliserWithRunway uses the original, specified elevation for
the navid
        - runways (and taxiways) are initialised with the airport elevation
instead of a zero elevation in the apt_loader. This is still a poor
substitute for correct values, but in the absence of source for the
actual runway elevation profile, it's much better than assuming zero.

Regards,
James