Hi Jon,

> Before
> you guys have a knee-jerk response that poisons the
> atmosphere you need to take
> a deep breath, re-read the statement from FlightProSim, and
> make some
> constructive remarks – and it might not hurt to
> re-read the license under
> which we operate.
>

> First,
> the most recent email from FlightProSim states:
> “as we can
> not code in house hopefully our contribution of money will
> help the project.”
>

> Second,
> I’m sure a lot of open source projects would love to
> have this kind of
> support.

> think it’s an idea to be appreciated –
> don’t make it more
> complicated than it is. It might be a way to appreciate
> your fellow developers,
> as well. There are obviously some details to work out, but
> surely those are
> minor issues compared to creating FlightGear in the first
> place, no?
>

> Jon

I really would like to admit your sentences.
But - on their website I can't see any reference, hint or link to Project
FlightGear.

But I see that he earns money with our work. I do know that this allowed under
or licence. But is this moral?
I do understand that he sells this without any offical reference to FlightGear-
if he woulden't no one would buy it beacuse it is donwloadble for free for
anyone.

I can see other big OpenSource Projects like Blender, which have have this kind
of support- without beeing sold.

If really both sides wants to win, then we should make a derivative work of
FGFS like a FAA-licenced, one which is beeing sold then. That would really help
this project to gain some more respect and even a lot of more seriousness to
our project. Even now, as Microsoft ESP is stopped and Aerososft is coming with
a replacement 2012.

Just my thoughts, correct me If I'm wrong with some facts.

HHS