On 7 Oct 2009, at 15:04, Curtis Olson wrote:

> ... and if you don't want any gui elements in your screenshot, it's
> easy enough to turn them all off and use the F3 hot key to take the
> snapshot.  (Close all the dialog boxes, and then F10 toggles the
> menu on/off)

I was aware of this (and I guess many people are), but from a pure UX
point of view, it's not ideal - I realise being able to screenshot the
UI is very handy in creating tutorials, bug reporting, and so on.

Probably all it really needs is a FAQ entry (in the Wiki?) telling
people about the F3 / F10 trick .