From: Anders Gidenstam <anders-...@gidenstam.org>
To: flightgear-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Wed, 28 October, 2009 8:56:56 AM
Subject: [Flightgear-devel] Custom scenery data startup location problem.

Hi,

I wonder if anyone alse has noticd that the startup location on runways
with a displaced threshold differs depending on whether the custom scenery
<ICAO>.threshold.xml file or apt.dat is used?

Here is runway 9 at EDDR with the options --airport=EDDR --runway=09:

http://www.gidenstam.org/FlightGear/misc/tmp/startup_location_problem.jpg

To the left /sim/paths/use-custom-scenery-data is false
and to the right /sim/paths/use-custom-scenery-data is true.

I have seen this on other airports too.

Since the code that positions the aircraft on the runway is the same in
both cases it appears that the data loaded into the internal DB differs
depending on the source. I don't know if it is the data in the .thres.xml
file that is bad or if it is a bug in the loader. (I guess it can be
either depending on how one defines the meaning intended interpretation of
the XML data :)

Cheers,

Anders
Anders Gidenstam