Hi Erik,

For any Fedora users, I recommend preupgrade to FC12.  All the fgfs
sounds work and are crystal clear, no crackle!  This includes ATC, ATIS,
vor and loc ident, marker beacons, cockpit sounds (switch clicks, flaps,
etc.).

I encountered several potential gotchas:

1. If you have an NVIDIA graphics card, before you begin, print the info
from the following link: http://linuxsoftwareblog.com/blog/?p=232

2. Clean up /boot before you start preupgrade.  Delete all but the most
recent kernel files.  If you do this, a 200 MB /boot is big enough.

3. Do a "sudo yum upgrade" before running preupgrade.

4.  Be ready with a fedora DVD for a rescue.  After preupgrade
completes, and the system is rebooted, you may need to edit /etc/inittab
to boot into run level 3.

5.  The info from the link in  #1  should allow you to get nvidia driver
support.  I use the driver from www.nvidia.com, so only the first item
was required to allow the nouveau module to release control so the
install could proceed.

Hope this helps others.  Thanks Erik for staying on this!

Regards,
Dave P.