Geoff,

I agree with all you have said, but would add the following:

The reset bug has been sorted.

The crash-on-exit bug has probably been sorted, but I haven't had time to
test it yet.

I don't see the red/orange effect you report.

There is a binary here - a few days old, and using osg rev. 10753 -
ftp://ftp.abbeytheatre2.org.uk/fgfs/executable/

It might be helpful if you could test it to see if it solves any of your
bugs.

Vivian