I've been doing research into copyrights and am shocked to see there is no (C)
(years)-2010 FlightGear anywhere in FGRun or in the main flight simulation
program.

However, it appears looking through a sample of the source code the code is
indeed (C) (year) by the authors who wrote it. This makes sense, considering
the contributors to the project hold the copyright, unless the contributors
agree to assign their copyright to an entity (FlightGear). I don't think this
has happened, but it should.

By assigning the copyright to FlightGear instead of the contributor who
contributed a part of the work, this helps FlightGear move forward to help
defend the software legally - and the original developer still has the right to
use that part of the code they contributed elsewhere, as long as you don't
grant anyone an exclusive license to use the code.

We should also revise the fgrun and fgfs components to include (C) 2001-2010
FlightGear in visible areas. I'd add something to the menus - probably the file
menu - in fgfs called "About" with the following text, if the copyright is
unified:

--
This software (C) 2001-2010 FlightGear
Licensed under the GPLv2.

Contribute to FlightGear! Visit our website at http://www.flightgear.org/ for
more information.
--

On fgrun, and if there are any installation programs we currently use, there
should be a similar copyright notice.

If I've completely missed where these notices are, please let me know, but this
is important to help protect our software.

Cheers
John