Has anybody used the --generic record/playback feature
recently?

It seems to have some very noticeable bugs:

When using the --generic record/playback feature, I
observe numerous view-related problems:

 * Helicopter view: the size of the aircraft throbs
  at a high rate, getting bigger and smaller many
  times per second. This makes this view unusable.

 * Chase view: similar throbbing. This makes this
  view unusable.

 * Chase view without yaw: the azimuthal direction
  of view shudders, shifting left and right by a
  large amount many times per second. Both the
  aircraft and the scenery shudder. This makes this
  view unusable.

 * Cockpit view: small but distracting weird changes
  in heading, especially at low speed, as when taxiing.

----------------------

When using the --generic record/playback feature, the
engine starter does not engage when the ā€œsā€ key is pressed.

FWIW I was able to start the engine by using the property
browser, setting its running property and then giving it
some rpm.

---------------------

When using the --generic record/playback feature, the hud is
visible in the helicopter view, the chase views, and the
tower views, which looks quite silly.

When using the --generic record/playback feature, when
playback reaches end of file, it prints on the console at
a high rate an endless stream of errors:
Error reading data.
Error reading data.
Error reading data.
Error reading data.