Hi Martin,

----- "Martin Spott" a écrit :

> I'm expieriencing difficulties to compile 'terrasync' after the
> latest
> patch. While PLIB's socket seems to be the target, the type "socket"
> interferes with the system headers:
>
> g++ -g -O3 -march=opteron -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../src/Include
> -I/usr/include/subversion-1  -I/usr/include/apr-1.0
> -I/opt/gnu/include -I/usr/local/include
> -I/opt/Boost/include/boost-1_37 -I/opt/FlightGear/include  -g -O2
> -I/opt/FlightGear -D_REENTRANT -c -o terrasync.o terrasync.cxx
> terrasync.cxx:118: error: 'netSocket socket' redeclared as different
> kind of symbol
> /usr/include/sys/socket.h:101: error: previous declaration of 'int
> socket(int, int, int)'
> terrasync.cxx: In function 'void terminate_request_handler(int)':
> terrasync.cxx:298: error: request for member 'close' in 'socket',
> which is of non-class type 'int ()(int, int, int)throw ()'
> [...]
>

> The following simple patch at least permits to compile - is this the
> way it's meant to be ?

Sorry I created a name conflict under unix. Obviously, the variable name should
be changed, but I am surprised you could name a variable with its type name. I
didn't want the original 's' be in the global namespace, and that's why I
renamed it. I am inclined to name the variable theSocket or something like that.

Anyway, I won't be able to commit anything until this evening (CET time).

Regards,
-Fred

--
Frédéric Bouvier