On Sat, 2010-04-03 at 22:44 +1100, Pigeon wrote:

> Hi,
>
>       Was trying the A380 tutorial, and I noticed a property mismatch in
> the no-smoking switch check:
>
>       <error>
>         <message>Flick no-smoking switch once on the overhead</message>
>         <condition>
>           <not-equals>
>             <property>/controls/switches/no-smoking</property>
>             <value>1</value>
>           </not-equals>
>         </condition>
>       </error>
>
>       However, the exit condition has:
>
>           <greater-than>
>             <property>/controls/switches/smoking</property>
>             <value>0</value>
>           </greater-than>
>
>       Changing no-smoking to smoking fixes it.

  Ah, good catch; there must be another logic error in there somewhere,
  because I have actually got through that section successfully. I'll
  have another look later.

>       Also, on the cockpit display, the DEPARTURE and ARRIVAL "light"
> seem to be reversed?

   OK, I'm not sure where you mean here? do you mean the FMS input
   fields on the MCDU screen? Or do you mean once you get into the
   Active init flight plan, where you select the runways and SID/STAR,
   and the Departure and Arrival tabs (illuminated active tab) towards
   the top of the page?

>       And btw, I'm probably dumb but I can't find the HDG button? :(

   That is the on the AFS control panel on the glareshield, the first
   knob left of the centre AP and FD buttons, click to push,
   middle click to pull (managed and selected modes respectively)

   Feel free to e.mail me off-list if you have some more questions.

   Cheers
     S.