Hello Thomas,
Thomas Hamilton schrieb am 01.05.2010 20:33:
> Hello,
> I am a member of a college robotics team and we are currently building
> an autonomous UAV helicopter.
> We wish to use FlightGear for research and development, however after
> an exhaustive search we have failed to find even one small-scale
> helicopter FDM.
> We would like to know if it is possible to create an accurate FDM for
> such a vehicle,
there are no size limitations in the rotor logic within YASim, and as
far as I know, the same is valid for YASim itself.
> and if so are there any nuances in YASim that we need to account for
> in scaling and/or stripping off some features that don't apply to this
> vehicle (such as flapping).
I am sure your helicopter has flapping. Maybe not a visible flapping
hinge, but some elasticity within the blades or the blade holder. The
Bo105 and the Ec135 has no flapping hinge as well.
> Our specific helicopter is a Bergen Tazer, it has about a 6 foot
> diameter rotor span and runs on 4 Li-po batteries.
> If it is possible, we will begin developing one and possibly making it
> available to the public. Thank you for your time and effort.
Best regards,
Maik