Frederic Bouvier schrieb:
> ----- "HB-GRAL" <flightg...@sablonier.ch> a écrit :
>
>> Frederic Bouvier schrieb:
>>> Hi Yves,

>> working
>> sell

>>> Can you send the files you modified ?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> -Fred
>>>
>> I changed in model-default.eff/terrain-default.eff
>>
>> <value type="float">2.0</value>
>> <glversion/>
>> <less-equal>
>> <value type="float">2.1</value>
>> <glversion/>
>>
>> and from
>>
>> GL_ARB_shading_language_100
>> GL_ARB_shading_language_120
>>
>> With all respect to recent effects I guess this is not code to send or
>> use because I do not understand why this change is working for my
>> system
>> at the moment (and maybe working means only negative leverage or
>> breaking effects/passes/techniques where SimGear overrides OpenGL or
>> sets effects and values).
>
> I think all you did is disabling these effects by raising the requirements to
> a level your old card doesn't support.
> You could have unchecked the "use shaders" checkbox too.
>
> -Fred

Fred,

My card supports GSLS 1.2 and OpenGL 2.1. What are the requirements for
the new code? Maybe my card/driver i.e. does not support
fake/hacks/overriding values like I found in some parts of new CVS
SimGear code. When I test the shaders with shader building software they
pass without problems. Of course, this is my personal experience and
maybe realted only to one computer and one card in the world.

Look, when I disable the shaders in the gui I disable all the shaders -
but most of the shaders are working (lightning, reflection, landmass,
cropping, clouds, particles etc.). My card/driver has just problems with
"OpenGL fake" and passing effects/colrs etc. which comes directly from
SimGear. Again, this is my personal interpretation. The shaders worked
until some changes in april.

So, maybe it is the only card/driver/computer in the world with this
problem. I write this in respect of all the work you and others did. But
just disabling the shaders because of a hack of an effect i probably do
not need and which works only on "most" of the cards - this is not a
solution for me. Personally.

I dont know how many OSX/CVS contributors are here. But when I read some
statistics I see that in the "world of OSX gaming" 25 percent of the mac
users comes with my system actually.

-Y.