* HB-GRAL -- Sunday 04 July 2010:
> what is your reference for this torque instrument?

This may have been the (main) reference:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Generalitat-de-Catalunya/MBB-BO-105CBS-5/0438320/L/

* Ron Jensen -- Monday 05 July 2010:
> This is probably to make the needle point in a "logical" direction, so the
> pilot doesn't actually have to _read_ the instrument, just see the needle is
> pointed up...

That was one of my explanations, but I'm not totally convinced. 100% is not
a value that you usually want. And why are the instruments often mounted
with 45% degree? The triple-tacho's needles normally point to the left
Engine N1 somewhere down, TOT down left. Quite a mess ...

m.