Jean Pellotier wrote

> Le 29/08/2010 11:16, Vivian Meazza a écrit :
> > jean pellotier wrote

> >> callsign

> >> 'isTanker'

> >> receipt. It

> >> myself

> >> you're right, and thinks are now more clear to me. in fact the change
> in
> >> the tanker property is taken in account by aar.nas, so exporting it by
> >> mp will work.
> >>
> >> I just wanted not to be forced to use a MOBIL callsign to do refueling
> >> by mp, this function should be enabled only by the tanker property.
> >>

> > Hmm - the code doesn't set tanker to false if it can't find MOBIL in the
> > callsign.  So if you set tanker to true on MP - that might work.
> >

> the code doesn't set tanker to false, but never set contact to true line
> 462 in AIMultiplayer.cxx, starting with:
>
>   if  (  isTanker)  {
>
> and without contact, no refueling ...
>
> to summarry: the c++ code only test the tanker contact if the callsign is
> a MOBIL, and aar.nas use the tanker property and
> the contact to allow refueling.
> my code use the tanker property instead of the callsign test in the c++
> code, but i'm not sure this is the best way to go.
>

> > I think there is a chance that you can already do what you want. If you
> > would like to try?
> >

> we are a lot who tried a refuel without a MOBIL tanker, without a
> success so far, and the question they ask is what's wrong, i took a
> tanker, and refueling is impossible?

OK I've put something in Git which works as follows:

If the callsign is MOBIL1, 2, or 3, the MP Player is recognized as a tanker
It will have a TACAN transmitter assigned and the property 'tanker' is set
to true.

If the callsign is MOBIL*, the MP Player is recognized as a tanker but no
TACAN is assigned. The property 'tanker' is set to true.

If the callsign is *, and the property 'tanker' is true the MP player is
recognized as a tanker.

The property 'tanker' may be toggles at runtime in the transmit player, and
will be reflected in the client.

I hope that's enough for you to make it all work using some Nasal, while not
losing the original concept.

I hope that's enough for you to make it all work using some Nasal, while not
losing the original concept.

You can put this in the ~-set.xml file:

        <tanker type="bool">false</tanker>

or use some Nasal to initialize the property. I've tested it briefly
toggling the property at runtime, and it seems to work.

Vivian