Hi Vivian!

> I’m pretty certain that Gral’s water shader isn’t in git, nor any version of
> it. (I rejected his first merge request,
> and we’ve been working on improvements ever since).

Fred wrote (today): "The water effect is now in GIT. Quality level below 2.0
shows the previous effect."

Problem solved :-)

> The picture you show is the existing water shader, which isn’t bad. It looks
> artistic, but isn’t terribly realistic.

http://www.flightgear.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=94635#p94635, it wasn't the
latest version of the shader,
but at least it is the "new" shader.

Good to know some people do check the newsletter for mistakes though! :D

Thanks,
Gijs