On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 17:50:03 +0100, Robin wrote in message
<4cdc1ebb.4050...@stoneynet.nl>:

>   I am not sure whether the content *generated* by a GPL-licensed
> program (such as FlightGear generating screenshots) would have to be
> licensed under the GPL as well.

..it's the "When I push the button on my camera, a picture
is generated, who owns it?" case. ;o)

> To be honest, I doubt it, because a lot of GPL-licensed tools are
> used to generate copyrighted content, even including Hollywood movie
> blockbusters!

..the picture making art, is in how each picture is composed,
not in how it's read off the image chip or written to disk.
(Those 2 technological arts are usually covered by patents.)
And Hollywood too is loud on copyright. ;o)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: