Hi Jack,

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 5:55 AM, Jack Mermod wrote:
> Hi,
>     My development of the Bell AH-1W Cobra is far enough along where
> I feel it is time to commit it to GIT, especially in time for the new
> release. I use GIT, but I don't know enough about it to commit it
> myself. If somebody could commit it for me that would be really great.
>
> Screenshot:
> http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/5017/cobra5.png
>
> Download:
> http://jackmermod.yolasite.com/resources/AH-1%2012-12-10.zip

I'd like to check a couple of licensing things before anyone commits this
to git. We've had issues in the past where people have not understood what
having something added to the main FG repository means and which has
caused problems later.

Firstly, to have this added to the git repository, it must be released under
the GNU GPL v2.

On the forum, you've stated that you are only going to release
this under some Creative Commons license:

(http://www.flightgear.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10130&start=60#p105539)

Have you now changed your mind, and are _all_ the authors of this happy for it
to be released under the GPL?

Secondly, are all the works on which it is based GPL compatible (sounds
graphics etc.) ?

I notice that there are some posts in the forum regarding using an FDM
from another
FG model, as well as some GPL sounds. If this is the case, then unless
the original
author has agreed to license the FDM/sounds under a different license, you
must release your work under the GPL v2, and cannot simply decide to give
your model a different license (See the GPL section 2 - your work is a
derivative
of their FDM/sounds etc).

Apologies if this is all obvious, and preaching to the choir, but it
is very important.

-Stuart