On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 1:09 PM, Chris Wilkinson
<blobster...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I reported author 'Dan H Freeman' to that website as being misleading about
> his software and running a scam, explaining the situation with FlightGear
> and ProFlightSim. They asked if I was a 'representative' of FlightGear. I
> replied that I was a user of the software, but not deeply involved in the
> development/community as such. They then suggested that if the
> "creators/operators" of flightgear would like to contact them then please go
> ahead.
>
> So if anyone more entrenched in the development of fg would like to take up
> this offer to communicate with EzineArticles, regarding Dan H Freeman and
> his little enterprise, please let me know. I will forward the contact email
> address. The goal I suggested to EzineArticles would be to remove his
> articles from the site, due to the misleading nature of his business. I
> informed them of reports from people being ripped off by the scam, and about
> the use of mis-appropriated historical names on the websites and other
> immoral tactics being used, including the registration of the
> 'www.flightgear.us' domain.

I was trying to figure out "What's in it for them?".

Having a read of the article the link below, it reads well and looks
balanced until you get to the bottom of the page. The last few
paragraphs says:

>From
>http://ezinearticles.com/?Is-The-F/A-22-Raptor-The-Best-Figher-Jet-In-2011?&id=5345920
"Download the *MOST REALISTIC* airplane flight simulator ever created
for home users.

Click the link to visit ProFlightSimulator below:
- airplane games

Experience real life flying with accurate worldwide scenery based on
actual terrian with over 20,000 real airports and 120 different
planes.
Its the next best thing to being up there!
"

So they get a better page ranking on Google due to the links back to
the proflightsimulator. Grrr.

Note: Terrian is their typing mistake. lol

Regards

George