Just tonight I have finished modeling the first skyscraper in FlightGear for
Vancouver, BC, Canada.

I am running FlightGear and the modeling software on an old laptop (which I am
using FlightGear on solely for scenery development purposes). I downloaded the
proper world scenery tile from:
http://flightgear.org/Downloads/scenery-1.0.1.html

I then used the ufo to fly around a bit. I did not use TerraSync.

I have added a few buildings to Friday Harbor (KFHR?) and wanted to see if they
showed up in the scenery. They did not. I then flew on to Seattle and I noted
the scenery lacked any custom models, and the original generic skyscrapers were
still in place. Finally I flew to Portland and the original generic skyscrapers
were also in place.

I am wondering, therefore, given the current difficulty in mass-generating new
terrain from the mapserver, how difficult it would be to push what is in the
current TerraSync directory out as World Scenery 1.1.0?

There would be a number of new models, and I think Hawai'i would have better
scenery, but it would mean there is a new scenery release which would basically
coincide with the release of the new version. While those who have been using
TerraSync would not notice any improvement, those who don't would notice at
least 400 unique models in their scenery contributed over the course of over
two years.

Of course when we are ready to generate terrain from the mapserver, this would
be World Scenery 2.0.0 - and the most important FlightGear scenery release for
almost a decade,

Cheers
John