On 01/20/2011 07:14 PM, Ryan M wrote:
> For the past week I have been working on improved airport taxiway and
> grass textures.  They've gotten positive feedback on the forums but Gijs
> suggested I post about them on the core mailing list for a fair
> discussion.
>
> Here are some screenshots of the textures in-sim:
> http://i54.tinypic.com/29povms.jpg
>
> http://i56.tinypic.com/14tmrp.jpg

The screenshots look very nice.

If you want to have a serious discussion, perhaps you could start
the ball rolling by saying a few words about:
 *) What sort of approach / strategy / algorithm was used to
  generate these images?
 *) What do you see as the advantages and disadvantages of
  this approach?
 *) Have you solved (or avoided) the various potential problems
  listed by Curt (01/18/2011 09:26 AM)?
 *) Does this do something sensible with the "runway polygon"
  information introduced into the "new" (2008) apt.dat?

Thanks!