Here locally I made a local clone of the fgdata repository using "git clone
-l fgdata fgdata-wip".  That seemed to work as advertised.

I noticed that the only branch available in the new local clone "fgdata-wip"
is the branch that is active in fgdata at the time the clone is made ....
that's good to know.  It doesn't make a complete clone of ever branch, not
even the master.

I noticed that if I do a "git pull" inside fgdata-wip it *seems* to merge in
changes from the original fgdata respository (master branch) ... I'm not
100% confident in that, I need to try it a few more times after some remote
updates get pushed to the central repository.  I don't know if all the
changes to fgdata/master are brought over, or just the ones that I'm merged
to fgdata/wip after doing a git pull in fgdata/master.  (Isn't this fun,
anyone still with me here?) :-)  At least if I update the branch wip branch
in the oringal fgdata repository, the changes seemed to get brought over to
"fgdata-wip" when I do a pull there.

Now here's my question.  If I make a change inside the cloned wip branch of
the cloned repository "fgdata-wip" and then commit it.  I don't see it show
up in the "wip" branch of the original "fgdata" respository.  It occurred to
me that maybe I need to do a git push to send the changes over to the
original repository, but I get an error that is a lot of git-ese that's way
over my head.

What's the best way to keep my fgdata/wip branch in sync with my
fgdata-clone/wip branch?  Is there a way?

Thanks,

Curt.
--
Curtis Olson: