On Thu, 31 Mar 2011, Arnt Karlsen wrote:

>>> ..is Microsoft trying to claim copyright here???
>>> I ask because I have learned quite a few things about their
>>> litigation strategies since 2003 at http://groklaw.net/ ,
>>> I have seen their proxies try similar stunts.
>>>
>> Yeah, god forbid they put a copyright notice in the compiler banner
>> when it starts. *rolls eyes*
>
> ..that, was in no way clear to me.  I totally agree copyright
> holders has every right to put copyright notices everywhere they
> damn please on their own works, however Microsoft acts as seen
> @grokla.net, far too often goes beyond that right.

So instead of asking, "What's with the copyright notice?" you go on some
stupid rambling commentary about how "teh ebil" Microsoft is.  I've yet to
see an instance of MS claiming copyright on something they don't own.  If
you've got a specific citation, I'd love to see it.  Note that "Search
Groklaw" isn't a citation.

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007