>> Well, readme.protocol does not mention a double format, float only;
>> should I think double is anyway, just undocumented? I should really study
>> more
>> C++ and read the code by myself, damn!!!!
>
> Note, you could also define "fixed" which is a fixed point integer
> representation of a float. (It gets converted automatically) back and
> forth to a floating point value.

Tell me more Erik, what's this fixed type syntax, how could I use it? I imagine
there should be at least a way to define how many decimal digits to use.

I've read about it in the past; my very own Arduino code is making use of
something like that (first treats every standby-mhz value as an integer and,
just before sending it to fgfs, translates it into a string representing a 3
decimal digits number (I made it that way because I see the KX165 Radio uses
this format to store frequencies in the property tree, there was no need to
always work on floats/doubles during the process).

But I'm already sending a 3 decimal digit number to fgfs! Still, again fgfs
stores it into the tree as a double and changes its decimal part, hence loosing
"correctness" (since "precision" might mean something else when talking about
doubles).