It absolutely drove me nuts that the Hurricane, alone of the planes I've tried,
does not retract the gear when I press the appropriate joystick button.
Studying the Nasal code, I saw that the gearDown() function was overridden in
the Aircraft/Hurricane/Models/hurricane.nas file.

Changing about five lines fixes the problem.  Is anyone interested in testing
and hopefully committing this change into GIT?  I have tested it on the current
GIT master branch build, but not the GIT next build.

Replace the gearDown() function in hurricane.nas with the following code:

controls.gearDown = func(x) {
   hydraulicLever(-1, -x);
   hydraulicLever(-1, -x);
}

controls.gearToggle = func {
   controls.gearDown(getprop("/controls/hydraulic/wheels") > 0 ? -1 : 1);
}

If anything I've done here is likely to create other bugs, please let me know.
I am still very new to Nasal.

Cathy