On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 14:34:35 +0200, ThorstenB wrote in message
<4da1a3db.8000...@gmail.com>:

> On 10.04.2011 13:29, Geoff McLane wrote:
>
> > As far as I am aware we can _NOT_ presently use
> > later that OSG-2.9.9 ;=((
> Yes, we can. But 2.8.3 + 2.9.9 are used by the automatic "download &
> compile" script, since these versions are known to work fine. And as
> we noticed, we have a lot of people running the FG git version right
> now, not all of them are actually FG developers or even familiar with
> building their own binaries (which is why the build script is there
> in the first place). So, it's good to have something that's stable
> and known to work for them.
>
> > On a general note, I would ask are there any thoughts to
> > modify simgear to use later, or even the trunk versions
> > of OSG?
> It always takes some days to adapt sg/fg to OSG changes, but right
> now, it compiles just fine, as the Hudson builds show:
> http://flightgear.simpits.org:8080/job/Simgear-with-OSG-svn/
>
> I wouldn't recommend using OSG trunk to any "normally advanced"
> flightgear git user. Those who need it know what to do - and won't be
> using the convenience "download&compile" script anyway.

..ok, my idea was try build FlightGear-with-Debian-Sid-OSG to see what
that does with the funny ATI artifacts, right now FG does not support
ATI cards, and OSG-svn does not build on neither g++-4.6 nor g++-4.5,
which compiler version is used on the Hudson server?

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: