Hello,

I just noticed that the Alouette II fdm has been replaced by a new fdm, which
was originally made by Maik Justus.

That's sad.

As I know Maik Justus always uses a lot of real datas for the fdm's, based on
pilot reports and real manuals as long it can be get free in the web.

I hate to say it, but the the new fdm is completly wrong and doesn't apply to
the real one in any way.

It begins with the rotor turn direction- it is now counterclockwise which is
wrong as the AlouetteII is a french helicopter with a french rotor
system.(clockwise!)

Rotor RPM is wrong, it has now even the equal value like the new model of the
R44 uses as well. (the R44-model -3d and fdm is another story... :-( )

Other values are completly wrongs as well, like the rellenflaphinge and a lot
of others which can easily extracted from drawings.

And of course the real Alouette II had never any SAS or similar control systems.

The YASim helicopter-fdm is indeed really accurate beside the known issues
vortex ring state, sliding and lacking detailed engine support.
All other things are accurate, and compared to X-Plane even more exact and
easier to configurate.
With the right datas you can be sure that the helicopter-fdm is matching quite
close to the real one in behaviour and reactions.

I always thought FlightGear stands for a realistic simulator, trying to make
things right and accurate as possible.
It seems to me that isn't longer true when I look at this contributions.

Another thing I noticed accidently yesterday: NBC seems to try more and more
removing videos taken from their Airwolf-TV-series on youtube.com
There are so many I doubt that they are really able to remove them all.
But all sounds and the music themes are of course copyrighted by them.

The Bell-222X in FlightGear makes use of the typical Airwolf-whining
(hurlement.wav) which seems taken from the TV-series. Apart from the fact that
the real Bell222 doesn't sounds like that of course, it doesn't really apply to
GNU GPL. It may be better to remove this soundfile.

Kind Regards
Heiko

still in work: http://www.hoerbird.net/galerie.html
But already done: http://www.hoerbird.net/reisen.html