On Sat, 21 May 2011 17:04:33 +0100 (BST), Pierre wrote in message
<379675.56250...@web29801.mail.ird.yahoo.com>:

> Hello,
>
> > ...looks like you fell into that same trap yourself. ;o)
>

> I'm not a English native speaker, but luckily I'm able to communicate
> without Google translate.
> But yes,  I had trouble to understand what Mr. Baranger is really
> meaning.
>
> I was actually refering  to the sentence that he added another
> aircraft and started to make two others and want to give much
> pleasure(?). He seems to be quick adding aircraft- are they are
> really all developed further and being usuable later?
> In the whole context it sounded to me that a realistic aircraft, as
> discussed here, wanted by those "1-2"  person aren't a pleasure.
>
> Maybe a misunderstood.

..the whole "conflict" is a product of misunderstandings.
Best cure is write in your own language if you need
translation programs to read or write in the English
language more than once a week.

> >..the important ones to review, are those meant for inclusion into
> > the release candidates, e.g. 2.0, 2.2, 2.4 etc, pull them with e.g.
> > "git checkout -b releases/2.2.0 origin/releases/2.2.0" for both SG
> > and FG, and you'll find far fewer and far better aircraft. ;o)
> > http://wiki.flightgear.org/Building_Flightgear_-_Debian
> > http://wiki.flightgear.org/Scripted_Compilation_on_Linux_Debian/Ubuntu
> > http://wiki.flightgear.org/Building_FlightGear
>
> Thanks, I will take a look!
>
> > ...yup, is why and how this is a development project. ;o)
> > Welcome aboard.
>

> I read in the forum that the GIT-version(?) is actually the
> developement version of FGFS and includes all aircraft in
> developement.

..there is a non-development version of FG? ;o)
Everything is here so anyone can see _how_ the
buggy ones fail, and try fix them.

> So if there is a release they will be add to the
> Download page, am I right?

..if somebody puts it there, yes. ;o)

> I expected a far smaller number of
> aircraft in developement and of course I didn't expect that all
> aircraft will be usuable as they are in developement. But not that
> high number!  That are about 200-300 aircraft altogether I guess,
> which will hardly be usuable.

..define "useable", newbie, then consider
the developer bait context. ;o)

> As a newbie it looks like for me quantity stands over qualitity...
> *blush*
> How many new aircraft are added each year? How can I see which
> aircraft has been developed more than other, which aircraft are more
> realistic?

..try "fgfs --show-aircraft --min-status=production "

.."--min-status={alpha,beta,early-production,production}"
                Allows you to define a minimum status level
                (=development status) for all listed aircraft

> So thanks for the welcome
>
> P.M.
>

> P.S. I just noticed that this mail maybe fits more to the users-list,
> I'm sorry!

..hush, we're fishing. ;o)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: