Hi,

since there were no major objections to the release plan, we're
proceeding as proposed.

Current status:

* We've "officially grounded" the releases/2.2.0 git branches yesterday.
The flightgear/simgear "releases/2.2.0" branches were merged back to
"master" (not "next"! "master" always contains the latest release).
However, as proposed, we won't invest any more time into 2.2.0, so
there'll be no binaries on the download page, no updated aircraft
downloads, no announcements, etc.

* git/next is bumped to version 2.3.0 now. Actually we should have done
so when we branched releases/2.2.0 in January. Remember. it's odd minor
versions for the developer version now (git/next), even minor numbers
for releases.

* Hudson is prepared for providing release binaries and installers
(thanks James!). Once we create a new release branch, Hudson should
start building the binaries/installers (see Hudson's "Windows-release",
"Mac-release", "Linux-release" projects). As usual, these will be
updated hourly. We'll also provide complete Win/Mac installers
(including fgdata base package) regularly, maybe about weekly, so these
can be used for wider beta testing. We can't include the base package in
the _hourly_ installers though, due to bandwidth/size limits (almost
400MB for the fgdata base package).

* We also started assessing tracker issues (thanks Gijs!). Some were
already fixed in the last days. And it doesn't look too bad, few issues
are highly critical. However, there are some areas where we're missing
people, for example for some (new) FDM, and a number of ATI-graphics
issues. Have a look at the tracker:
http://code.google.com/p/flightgear-bugs/issues/list

Finally, as a reminder now:
Only 4 more weeks to 2.4.0 feature freeze, remember June 17th, when
we'll close sg+fg "next" branch, and (!) fgdata "master" for 4 weeks.
Only bug fixes should be committed after June 17th.
releases/2.4.0 will be branched on July 17th, when the main developer
branches will be bumped to 2.5.0 and reopen for new features. Beta
testing for 2.4.0 will continue for another month after that, till
August 17th. But all this was already described in the release plan
http://wiki.flightgear.org/Release_Plan

cheers,
Thorsten