On Thu, 26 May 2011 20:53:44 +0800, xsaint wrote in message
<4dde4d58.2050...@gmail.com>:

> Good day,
>
> Any one could guide me please on this please?
>
> I am trying to capture some values from FG property tree at 5 minutes

..why only "at 5 minutes"???

> interval and write these values to a file called , "capture.log"
> With my limited knowledge in nasal, i am getting "io.open(): opening
> file 'cna.log' denied (unauthorized access)"
>
> Any kind soul could give me a simple code on how i can go about doing
> the above please?

..easiest way is start FG with --httpd=port , e.g. --httpd=12345
(Enable http server on the specified port) and then use netcat or
wget or some such lightweight web downloader to haul out what you
want from the property tree, you may want to do this with another
box on your lan to minimize the load on your FG box.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: