On Sat, 9 Jul 2011 19:27:52 +0100, Stuart Buchanan <stuar...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> I went to have a look at that location myself (ebgb) but couldn't see
> the cooling towers you show. Are these
> some custom scenery, and if so, can you post the .btg file so I can
> try to repro?
>
> One thought is that this might be a shader problem. Are you seeing any
> error messages on the console, and what graphics card are you using?
>
> -Stuart

Hi Stuart,
This is indeed some custom (Belgian) scenery i'm working on. 10 wip
airports & co so far. Trying to model pieces of Belgium in the hope it will
be included into the scenery db, but not now yet. This is to much in
development work. Still exploring the internals and experimenting... There
are still lot's of things i may need to learn, to do and to correct, and
i'm not yet satisfied with my own work so far. But my data is on my git
repo[1], GPL'ed data of course.

I'm not sure this is related to the btg (terrain?) file itself, but i'm
new in this all and could be wrong. I have this issue on the default
scenery with that generic cooling towers everywhere. But not on tires smoke
for example. I don't get any output on the console about that however. This
issue happen on my Debian (testing version) laptop with nVidia Corporation
G98M [GeForce G 103M] (rev a1) and on my stable Debian desktop with nVidia
Corporation G92 [GeForce 9800 GT] (rev a2). Both using the nvidia data.

[1] https://gitorious.org/dvanmosselbeen/flightgear-custom-scenery

Kind regards,
David Van Mosselbeen