> It's quite possible that it's broken for a while - there are not so many
> glider enthusiasts around, I usually prefer to rely on thermals when I
> have time to do some soaring, and the last time I distinctly remember
> having used ridge lift is before September 2010... Good we caught it
> before the release anyway.
Hmmm - just notices you are setting wind-from-down-fps in your local
weather. This is a bad idea as it is a computed value

wind-from-down-fps =
   thermal-lift-fps +
   ridge-lift-fps +
   local-weather-lift

That's how it was hardcoded in the "old" weather system and what I
forgot to migrate but has now been restored. This computation can not be
disabled by intention. We should change compat_layer.nas from

var setLift = func (lift) {
if (features.can_disable_environment == 1)
         {
         setprop("/environment/wind-from-down-fps",lift);
         }
}

var setLift = func (lift) {
         setprop("/environment/local-weather-lift",lift);
}