* Melchior FRANZ -- Wednesday 21 September 2011:
>   <sim>
>       <aircraft-data>
>           <path>/sim/dimensions/radius-m</path>

I admit that this looks silly: why create properties that contain property
paths,
and not mark those properties with a flag right away, like with "archive" and
"userarchive"?

The reasons why I did it this way were: properties should be add-able from
Nasal (setting property flags wasn't possible back then), introducing a new
flag didn't seem desirable (simgear was still considered a generic library,
much more than it seems to be nowadays), scanning the whole tree for just
a few flags seemed undesirable, doing it in pure Nasal a quick and easy
solution, and only very few aircraft needed it.

Nowadays I'd probably go for proper flags. Ideally, their XML names shouldn't be
hard-coded in simgear, but settable at initialization time. aircraft.data.add()
could then be changed to just set that flag (props.Node.setAttribute(...)).

m.