Am 08.12.11 13:36, schrieb HB-GRAL:
> Hi all
>
> I am recently trying to update apt.dat airport names (in all flightgear
> relevant data versions, means original xplane 8.10/8.50 and flightgear
> apt.dat). I noticed caps in names, i.e. I am changing this names to

It is not in specs of xplane 8.50 apt.dat version, but I found

- 5935 Heliports are marked with [H] in the the name
- 568 Seaports are marked with [S]
- 2 Gliderports are marked with [G]
- 36 Airports closed are marked with [X]

in apt.dat (called xplane apt.dat 9.00 or so, but still based on 8.50).

We are on flightgear of course, but I will try to submit my changes to
original data too, so I need to keep my eyes open to what xplane uses.
Also the deprecated row in airport line still exists in xplane data >=
8.5 (but still not used in xplane I guess).

I decided to mark the closed airports in apt.dat now with "[X]" in name,
to keep it in line with xplane without using the deprecated row. Another
reason to use [X] and not "closed" might be the length of the name: I
have only 40 chars for the airport name, so adding the word "closed"
will give me more lines with wrong count I guess.

The result of current processed apt.dat is:
- Cleaned 62 airport lines with wrong count of chars in elevation row
(minor cleaning)
- marked ~100 airports as closed with [X] at beginning of airport name,
changed name to upper/lower when needed, state based on ourairports.com data
- changed 3001 airport names to upper/lower, NO OTHER change in name for
the moment

You can find the changed apt.dat here:
http://download.fgx.ch/data-update/20111211-apt.dat.gz

When you find the time, please have a look to this changes.

Now how should this go to the repo ? Should I start to send merge
requests to fgdata ? Martin ?

Cheers, Yves

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011