> 3. We need a short official announcement to be sent out to press, fs
> websites, newstickers, CBS, NBC, al-Arabia, ITAR-TASS et al. I'd prefer
> a native English speaker to write on or two enthusiastic paragraphs
> about FlightGear 2.6.0.

For my point of view it is worth to put some effort in recent
announcement. I guess we will see a campaign the next weeks for MS Flight
(released end of february) ? I noticed articles in Newspapers here today
about non-foss sim products MS Flight/X-Plane/Aerofly FS, and
-unfortunately- as often, "FlightGear" as open source alternative is
missing. I could also need a german and probably french translation of the
announcement and some official screens, to place everywhere I can :-) Ok,
it is not CNN/NBC or whatever here, but sometimes it is also worth to look
out for smaller local newspapers and channels.

Cheers, Yves