On Sat, 25 Feb 2012, Pedro Morgan wrote:

> Can I ask a Muppet Question.. ??
> copyright is always owned by "authority" of nav data..
> eg caa, nats, eurocontrol..
>
> So this data is "theirs" but "were allowed to use"
>
> Another example id livery and logos..
> eg an airline that is defunct or "BritishArwys" as and exmaple..
> Now their logo is their copyright..
>
> So what I am trying to get at is the "FRAND"..

Just FYI, any navigation data provided by any agency of the US govt. is
public domain.   US Copyright law also doesn't recognize the
"copyright-ability" of facts.  YMMV in other parts of the world of course.
(I think the UKians have a law on the books that says facts can be
copyrighted)

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007

Buying desktop hardware and installing a server OS doesn't make a
server-class system any more than sitting in a puddle makes you a duck.
[Cipher in a.s.r]