From: gijsr...@hotmail.com
To: flightgear-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 21:04:25 +0100
Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] Landcover Contribution

I don't know about the actual merge with existing scenery, other should answer
that question ;)

> That's my area as FlightGear Landcover-DB-VMap0:
> http://mapserver.flightgear.org/map/?lon=13.33004&lat=38.18341&zoom=12&layers=0B000000TFFTFFFFTFFFFFFF
>
> That's the same area as seen by Google maps:
> http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=38.142117,13.354225&spn=0.204133,0.445976&t=k&z=12&vpsrc=6

And this is how it looks with CORINE from 2006:
http://mapserver.flightgear.org/map/?lon=13.33004&lat=38.18341&zoom=12&layers=0000000BTFFTFFFFTFFFFFFF
(note that you can also view Google imgarey on the mapserver, just click the +
on the right to switch between layers).

Not sure if you can get a much higher level of detail by hand drawing...