Hi,

On Saturday, April 14, 2012 09:49:18 James Turner wrote:
> On 13 Apr 2012, at 23:28, Chris Forbes wrote:
> > Presumably you could just ask osg or the gl to discard the top mip
> > level(s) rather than altering the source art to work around apple's
> > driver bugs?
> Yeah, unfortunately I think people want the high-res art for a reason - this
> needs a runtime test for the Intel chipset (on Mac only?) and something to
> reduce the size. Unfortunately that's a lot more work, and might require
> OSG changes since OSG loads the textures :(

But every image goes through our hands. We can just rescale this under certain
conditions. At least the uncompressed textures are unproblematic.
I would introduce some property that is evaluated in the image load callback
than. Today the chain of readerwriter options should in any case provide a
simgear options object that contains the property tree that could be queried
then.

Mathias