Thorsten,

> Heiko and Vivian, please try the following version and let me know if this
> improves anything. If possible, do all tests with the weather tile type
'Test'
> (that has no randomness in the cloud configuration selection, so it
delivers a
> fairly reproducable situation in terms of cloud count).
>
> http://users.jyu.fi/~trenk/files/advanced_weather_v1.47.tgz

Yes, that improves it here really much!
First, quite subjective impression:
-Less stutters, more stable
-framerate impact comparable with Default clouds

Now it seems to make fun, and makes FGFS does looks great again!

Heiko

still in work: http://www.hoerbird.net/galerie.html
But already done: http://www.hoerbird.net/reisen.html