Hi,

I'm testing some architectural changes in the code, and have hit upon an area
that's causing some structural problems. Specifically, we have two kinds of
instruments:

        - 'computational' ones which read and write some values and model a
system (steam gauges, navradio, GPWS, ....)
        - 'display' ones which are based on RenderTexture / the Canvas and do a
small amount of simulation, but contain a large amount of rendering code.

My intention would be to split the handling of these, so the displays reside
(much like panels) do in the display logic, and 'instruments' refers only to
non-graphical models. (Which still includes some complex instruments such as
the GPS and EGPWS, it's not a complexity judgement).

I think this can be done with no changes to the instruments.xml or similar - it
will simply be an internal architectural change to move creation and ownership
of these systems out of the instrument_mgr and into (probably) a new
display_mgr or similar. So no impact on existing aircraft at all.

(Another possibility is that all such displays end up using the canvas anyway,
but that evolution can happen gradually, I think)

Comments?
James