On 1 Oct 2012, at 12:21, Thomas Geymayer wrote:

> Some observations:

> - There is no range filter applied at least for the
> NavDataCache::findXXXByFreq methods (A FGPositioned::Filter object is
> passed to all of them but the pass() method is never called)

Right, the filter is generally passed in simply so the type-range can be
extracted. But the layer above (navlist.cxx) was also missing a check on the
filter - I've pushed fixes for this now. This makes the ATIS selection sane,
based on quick testing. It turns out most filters we use, are only a type-range
filter, which is how this fairly major bug managed to escape notice until now.

> - After startup (c172p) I can not hear the ATIS but if debug output is
> enabled (--log-class=atc --log-level=debug) I can see the ATIS text
> shown in the terminal.

> - After a reset I can additionally to the text also hear the ATIS (If
> switching on the according switches).

There is still something weird happening here - assuming I select the correct
comm-panel options, and adjust the default volume, and select an in-range ATIS
frequency, all the code is run to send sound to the sound-manager - I've
verified this in the debugger - but I don't hear any audio output until a
restart.

James