Am 12.11.12 10:45, schrieb Renk Thorsten:

> The consensus seems to be that (with some limitations) this can be done in
> principle. Just someone would need to do it in practice, and I'm not going to
> do it because I'm not into MP in the first place, so this seems to be where
> this is stuck.
>
> Hope that helps a bit!

Yes, thanks, that helps a bit. I searched the forums for this topic but
unfortunately I couldn’t find this thread some time ago. It answers a
lot of questions of course.

I see some differences to what I’m thinking about, it’s not to share
hundreds of cloud positions trough a dedicated distribution system. All
I need for the "radar" (aka map) and a plane to simulate weather
condition is some metar-like data, where i.e. you can get the center and
movement of a thunderstorm, this storm can be generated and the data can
be shared trough network. I don’t know if this makes sense for anyone
else, for me it does at the moment. When I read the forum thread I fear
my approach is too simple :-(

But if this thunderstorm looks exactly the same from different angles is
not that important in case there IS a thunderstorm probably. Sharing the
center position, pressure, movement, winds and probably cloud density
over network is sufficient, in case this data could be shared in
metar-like system somehow. AFAIK fg can get metars, probably some simple
weather situation can be shared trough artificial metars? So another
dumb question, advanced weather is not writing metars, is it? Or more
general question, does advanced weather in general deal with metars or
is this something that is only used with basic weather?

-Yves