I've created a merge request
https://www.gitorious.org/fg/fgdata/merge_requests/183
containing lots of my recent shader work, including

* ambient and cloud shadow correction to blue-grey hue
* more pre-dawn illumination
* procedural snow
* a hires grass texture overlay effect for airport grass regions
* moonlight illumination (currently needs to be set by hand from the property
browser)
* an early depth buffer filling pass for trees (improves performance for me)
* bugfixes for the tree shader in dawnlight
* a rudimentary runway effect (currently keeps it free of snow)
* associated updates to Advanced Weather and Environment definitions

There are still som open issues - the runway effect is not my last word, but
just a placeholder for the real thing, the ariport grass effect needs to be
refined together with snow and dust,... but if I wait till I'm happy with
everything, it may be a while.

Since this touches a substantial number of effect files, I'd really be grateful
for a careful look from someone else before this gets committed, although I've
tried to be very careful in editing effects. Fred or Stuart?

Especially all shading effects having to do with clouds need the info from the
weather system, Basic Weather currently does not provide that, so for the full
effect please test with Advanced Weather.

Thanks,

* Thorsten