On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 2:41 PM, James Turner wrote:
>> I'm thinking of combining this with the tutorial system so you can
>> have a virtual co-pilot go through the checklist, calling out the
>> items for you to complete.
>>
>> I'd be interested to hear if those who like flying heavy iron think
>> this would be a useful function.
>
> Categorically yes - the checklists are already nice for the 737NG, and
> the big iron has far greater need for the tutorials - starting the Connie or
> similar is quite some work :)

This is now added.

Tutorials are now generated for all checklists at runtime.  They are pretty
basic, but it's a nice "freebie".

One future enhancement i've just thought off might be to enhance the checklist
so that an item can have a marker associated with it as we have with tutorials.
A user could then click on a checklist item to have the appropriate
cockpit control
highlighted.

This further blurs the line between the checklist and tutorial functions,
but users might find the self-pacing aspect of checklists easier to use than the
forced pace of the tutorial.

Useful?  Taking things a bit too far?

-Stuart