Hi Lloyd,

i wrote a private mail to you on monday but apprently it's lost in space ;)
So I repeat, your fgms.conf should look like:

# basic setting
server.name = mpserver02
server.port = 5000

# you can telnet to this port with this username/password
# and see statistics (nice cisco like CLI)
server.admin_port = 6002
server.admin_user = fred
server.admin_pass = fred

server.admin_enable = fred

# mpserver01 does this
server.tracked = false

# mpserver01 is hub
server.is_hub = false

# don't set this too high
server.out_of_reach = 100

# your only relay should be mpserver01
relay.host = mpserver01.flightgear.org
relay.port = 5000

# you don't need a crossfeed, it's only interresting for fgms-developers
# crossfeed.host = foo.example.com
# crossfeed.port = 5002

# you can add static entries of IPs which get blocked,
# but it's generally not needed and you can add them via
# the admin CLI
# blacklist = 123.123.123.123

And now the rest;

Am 09.07.2013 23:13, schrieb Lloyd A. Stevens:
> Thanks for adding my server.  I was only seeing local clients until I made
> the following change to my config file (I am guessing I was supposed to do
> this):
> relay.host = mpserver01.flightgear.org

fgms will ignore traffic comming from unknown relays and since the
multiplayer network is a star topology you should list only mpserver01
as your only relay. Currently mpserver01 is the only HUB,
Although multiple HUBs should work I have not tested a multi HUB
environment yet.
And for those interrested: Current traffic load on mpserver01 is around
10 MBit/s

> Should other fgms be told that I exist?  How would I notify them?

You (and all others) can reach all server admins with fgserver at
postrobot dot de
It's a pseudo mailing list and I try to keep the list of admins up to
date as good as I can.

I also updated http://mpmap01.flightgear.org/mpstatus/

> http://mpmap02.flightgear.org/ server list shows my server as Hong Kong.

The very first mpserver02 was located in Hong Kong. I hope the admin of
this page (pigeon: wake up! :) reads this.

> http://mpserver15.flightgear.org/mpserverstatus/
> http://mpserver16.flightgear.org/ list shows my server as Kansas (but with
> correct IP address).
> http://flightgear.mxchange.org/mpstatus/ list shows my server as Kansas.
> Who should I contact to update these?
> Are there any other places the server needs to be updated?

The second incarnation of mpserver02 was located in Kansas. So this
information is also outdated. Unfortunatly all those links are
administerd by different people.

> Now that the server is active and appears to be working correctly should it
> be tracked? Should it act as a HUB?
>>From config file (my current settings):
> # Tracking server
> # set "server.tracked" = true to use it
> # only set this to true if the tracking server
> # admin allows it!
> server.tracked = false
> server.tracking_server = 62.112.194.20
> server.tracking_port = 8000
> # if set to true, fgms will act as a HUB server
> # a HUB server will resend packets received from
> # relays to all other relays
> # *only* set to true if you know what you are
> # doning
> server.is_hub = false

As long as you are not absolutly sure what you are doing you should:
- disable tracking
- disable HUB setting

> OLIVER,
> Thank you for updating the sources and "pushing them to gitorious".  Even if
> I had access to do this I would have been unwary of doing it because I would
> hate to break a compile on linux since I have no way of testing it.
>
> I tested the new code on FreeBSD and decimal points are still missing in
> lines 107 & 113

I will check this tommorow. Unfortunatly I have no BSD to test. Perhaps
one day I have time to set up some virtual machines with different
operating systems ;)

Best wishes,
Oliver