On Thu, 8 Aug 2013 14:22:42 -0500, Curtis wrote in message
<CAHtsj_c=Q5kz=6owg77u5v3jbvzdeadxh-zns5dpm+bggux...@mail.gmail.com>:

> On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 3:52 AM, Stefan Seifert <n...@detonation.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > we had the discussion a while ago and now lwn.net published a great
> > article on
> > the subject:
> >
> > http://lwn.net/Articles/561336/
> >
> > According to
> > http://wiki.flightgear.org/Project_Infrastructure_Enhancements
> > it's still an open issue on how to handle donations to FlightGear.
> >
> > Well worth a read,
> > Stefan
>
> Hi Stefan,
>
> Thanks for posting the LWN link.  Definitely some good advice to think
> about.  From the 2 minutes I can afford to think about these things
> right now, I definitely agree that joining an umbrella organization
> would be the best option for FlightGear should we choose to move
> forward on any of this. Finding the right umbrella organization might
> be the trickier part. :-)
>
> Curt.

..indeed, and http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2013/08/osdv/all/
suggests the IRS might have a problem with the GPL allowing profitable
distribution of FG.  Picking the right umbrella organization I guess
will prove crucial, and their lawyers may be able to help shave a few
years off the approval procedure.  Take care.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: