Geoff,

Thanks for testing this.

I left a set -x on line 371 which causes the double output you're
seeing on -h. I've removed it.

Also, I've changes the svn
for plib to http://svn.code.sf.net/p/plib/code/trunk/.

OSG and PLIB are slated for different treatment in a future version.

If the chosen version of OSG, or the 1.8.5 version of PLIB is
installed or previously built, there's no reason to reconfigure
or rebuild them.

In general, I'd like to be able to detect when git does not add a file
to the sources.  Then I could condition the configure step on whether
its actually needed or not.  If I find a way to do that quickly, it
could be applied to any component that uses git, not just OSG.

I'll be using your approach for plib at least.

The latest is still 1.9.12:

https://www.gitorious.org/fg/fg-download-and-compile-fgmeta/raw/master:download_and_compile.sh

-Pat