Paolo Leoncini wrote:
Bruce,

Yet if your interest is not towards serious flight-sim, in the sense of
military training, I'd vote for DLP: high liminosity, higher contrast, good
resolution per proj'r (latest Texas chips perform 720p res, i.e. 1280x720,
or 1280x1024 at less than 10K€), ability to setup passive stereo w/
polarizing filters (since DLP light is not pre-polarized internally), etc.
Yet warn of too much light (e.g. >2000 ansi lumen) since of the hot-spots.
This seems to be a nice projector then ( http://www.panoramtech.com/products/gvr120e.html ) but I don't have any experience with these kind of systems (the only system I've a little expirience with is from the Singer-Link F-16 trainter from the late 70's).

But PanoramTech does have experience with FlightGear ( http://flightgear.org/Projects/RayChair/raychair.html and http://www.panoramtech.com/products/pv290.html ) so maybe they can give you some advice about this subject.

Erik