Hi Eric,

Thank you very much for the idea but I still have both directories. I
have tried to move one or the other into the $FG_HOME/Scenery but it did
not change anything.

I have also tried with the option --fg-scenery to swith between
$FG_HOME/Scenery and $FG_HOME/Scenery_new but that did not help
either.

In the log fgfs spits out the difference is that :

-Over SFO, between the end of the tile loading and the beginning of the FDM
initialization (Finally initializing fdm) I have

token = OBJECT_BASE name = 942050.btg
Creating a new buffer of size = 32768
Creating a new buffer of size = 32768
token = OBJECT name = KSFO.btg
resizing buffer to size = 131072
load() base = /usr/local/FlightGear/Scenery_new
load() base = /usr/local/FlightGear/Scenery_new
token = OBJECT_BASE name = 942049.btg
token = OBJECT name = KHAF.btg

-Over CDG there is nothing between both. It is clearly the initialization
of the airport which is missing !

That happens with $FG_HOME/Scenery or $FG_HOME/Scenery_new.

Thank you very much for your help.

        Best regards

                Jan

Jan Polcher wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I played around for a few days with the USGS based scenery in places other
> than SFO. It worked just fine.
>
> Then I decided to switch to the VMap0 scenery just to get more details on
> the ground. This worked also fine when I tested it right after the
> installation, I noted the roads and other extra details. But a few days
> later when I tried it again I could not get anything for areas outside SFO
> (The only region which I did no change) except for water (I am pretty sure
> that I did not change anything in the FlightGear files !).

> My question is thus what I did wrong and secondly how could it work one
> day and then not the next one ?

The only explanation I can think of is that you did a CVS checkout. CVS
removes obsolete directories (including your freshly installed scenery).

Could that be the problem?

Erik